PERFORMANCE PROFILE SOURCE:Management Professional
DEPARTMENT: Development, Marketing
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SUMMARY: The Boys & Girls Clubs of Contra Costa County (BGCCC) offers this exciting opportunity to an experienced development professional at a pivotal time in the organization’s evolution. Having recently finalized a merger between clubs in El Sobrante and Martinez, BGCCC is now poised for expansion and has already added two additional sites in Pinole and San Pablo this current school year. Overseeing and managing four club sites in Contra Costa County, and considering options for expansion in East Contra Costa County, this position will play a key role, working closely with the CEO, in the development of relationships with donors, employers, and the community as a whole, contributing to the organization’s growth goals to serve youth across Contra Costa County. Developing financial support from individuals, foundations, corporations, and membership, through targeted campaigns, Board-led initiatives, and special events throughout the year, this position will build donor loyalty, leverage resources, and raise the overall brand awareness and recognition of BGCCC and BGCA.
In accordance with the elements of competence established for Boys & Girls Club resource development professionals, the Director of Development is responsible for generating fundraising income through campaigns targeting foundations, corporations, civic groups and individual donors, utilizing the extensive and thorough training materials, guides, and resources of Boys & Girls Clubs of America. Operating from the administrative office in El Sobrante of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Contra Costa (BGCCC), this position provides strategy, process, and support to the board of directors and staff in all solicitations and campaigns (year-end, giving Tuesday, special initiatives, planned giving), assists in the successful execution of special fundraising events; oversees acknowledgment of all donor gifts; and coordinates with staff and board in seeking grant funds, working as necessary with a contracted grantwriter. Additionally, this position oversees all marketing efforts, including social media, related to the above, working with a contracted graphic designer. Additionally, BGCCC plans to hire a part-time Marketing and Administrative Coordinator which this person would supervise.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Development and Fundraising Plans
- Plan, manage and oversee fundraising campaigns including, but not limited to, Giving Tuesday, Year-End appeal, Spring appeal, and special Board membership initiatives and events.
- Oversee and manage special events throughout the year with significant Board support
- Solicit corporate contributions and sponsorships as necessary to enable meeting the fundraising goals for special events and campaigns
- Train and lead the Board of Directors in giving strategies and fundraising activities
- Manage administrative and operational systems to track fundraising income, compile income status rand variance reports; and recognize contributions with acknowledgment letters and special recognition events, working with Administrative Coordinator.
- Ensure a productive working environment, providing staff support and professional development with regard to management and fundraising issues. Attend various committee meetings, compose follow-up correspondence, and track and manage donor data using Salesforce.
- Develop and manage a comprehensive marketing strategy to ensure maximum visibility for BGCCC.
- Manage website and content with an outside IT contractor, the production of a monthly newsletter, oversee content and design for all collateral material working with program staff and contract designer, and set strategy and content for social media
- Seek opportunities to advance the message and mission of BGCCC
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required or as assigned.
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with management and some Board members to exchange information, and seek and give assistance, consultation and direction regarding fundraising and marketing initiatives. Maintain contact with financial staff and support staff. and work with volunteers and volunteer committees as appropriate.
External: Identify, engage and develop relationships with new donors and board/advisory board members. Advocate for and facilitate connections with community and corporate leaders, schools, parents and local residents to seek financial support, advance Club goals and mission, and provide information regarding Club activities and needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Education, Management, Business), Masters in related area preferred.
- A minimum of five years work experience in a similar nonprofit organization, and a work history of increasing responsibilities in the development arena, with an emphasis on non-profit fundraising, marketing, management, and/or other related areas.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and public speaking abilities
- Knowledge and familiarity with program/project budgets and financial reports, and working knowledge of Salesforce a plus.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Please evaluate and describe any physical skills, abilities or working conditions required to perform the essential duties of this position, as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience with full benefits, sick time, vacation, and employee-contributed retirement plan.